Yes, if the mold is growing on the inside of the mattress material it would be more difficult to deal with but it is possible to treat. If a liquid spilled on the mattress that provided mold with a food supply, the area might be cleaned and sterilized with an extractor similar to one used on carpet. Mold is most likely forming within the mattress if it was stored in a moist environment. It may be more difficult to treat mold that has grown within the mattress’s cushioning material. Dust particles that migrate inside the mattress during use are the food source in this situation. The particles are made up of sloughed-off skin cells from human bodies. Every minute, we expel tens of thousands of tiny particles. Because the particles are organic, nutrient-rich, and tiny, they are a popular indoor food source for mold. If the mattress has been stored in a humid environment or has moisture in it, the first step is to dry it.
If you live in a humid region, using a fan and/or dehumidifier near the mattress can help speed up the drying process. If the area you’ve been treating is on the tiny side, a hair dryer will help you dry it rapidly. Rubbing alcohol is another option. Combine equal parts rubbing alcohol and warm water in a mixing bowl. In a circular motion, dip a clean cloth into the mixture, wring it out, and scrub the stain. Allow the mattress to air dry in the sun. Sunshine aids in the drying process and prevents the growth of new mold. These remedies may not work because the mold is too persistent. You can use a commercial cleaner in this scenario. Check to see if it’s made specifically for mattresses or upholstery. Always read the instructions before using a product and test it on an inconspicuous spot first.